As the Halloween season sets its sights on our doorstep, it is important to make sure you start preparing a plan to protect your smile from all the hazards that can arise. Listed below are a few tips to consider for maximum Halloween happiness:
– Set up a candy plan on what should be done with all candy and candy limits each day.
– Stay away from unhealthy sweets and treats that can easily damage your smile.
– Visit your dentist for routine exams and professional cleanings.
– Dispose of any extra candy after Halloween to ensure you don’t continue to snack on sweets for weeks on end.
– Practice effective oral health care routines including brushing and flossing daily as well as cleaning your mouth after eating.
– You can still enjoy the Halloween treats this year, but remove excessively hazardous products that can chip or crack your teeth, won’t dissolve easily, or are extremely high in sugars or acids.
– Reward any children or loved ones with toys, money, or other rewards in exchange for their candy.
For more tips and tricks to improve your smile and oral health, please call Stone Lake Dental at 940-692-2851, or stop by our office in Wichita Falls, Texas. Dr. Rafael A. Perez and our team look forward to seeing you smile!